The on-demand business model has brought about a revolution in the way we lead our lives. This ranges from how we cover distances, order meals, etc. Availing rides most prominently has observed a transformation thanks to this model. This is courtesy of the advent of the ride-hailing giant Uber in 2009.
After the launch of this ridesharing app provider, it became possible for drivers and riders to connect. The latter most prominently received the support to choose from different categories of cabs, the one matching their preference so that they can cover Distance A to Distance B with comfort.
This comfort has enticed the attention of those yet to digitize the shackles of their taxi business and emulate this app’s success mantra in their operations. This was in the quest to transform how they connect passengers to drivers nearby. This led them to integrate the custom, readymade Uber clone app into their operations. This was to ensure future business and customer needs became easy to address.
This is something that I will cover in this article. I will educate you on the advantages of this ready-to-launch taxi dispatch software for your ridesharing startup.
Click Here Best Sites For Guest Posting
So, let’s begin.
About Uber Clone App
The Uber clone is a fully customize taxi booking software built for taxi startups to allow them to expand their outreach. Through easy-to-modify features, it becomes easy for riders to avail of services like taxi booking, carpooling, etc. It alternatively provides aid to the taxi business to get its offerings known among more customers in a reasonably short time.
Reasons for the Popularity of Uber Clone
There are several reasons owing to which this custom taxi app solution has become so popular. Here are some of these factors mentioned below.
- Scalable – The solution is easy-to-modify or scale based on the requirements of your business or customers.
- Is White-Labeled – The Uber clone app is white-labeled. This means the solution provides aid to ride-hailing startups to display their brand name and logo. This is to assist them in boosting their visibility in a streamlined way.
- Is Responsive – Due to this app being responsive, it becomes easy to display images, icons, etc smoothly so that different screen sizes can be fit without any challenges.
- Has a 100% Licensed Code – This aids the taxi business owner to make future enhancements as per forthcoming needs.
Facts & Figures about Uber – Popularity Scope
We bring forth the stats here to help you gain perspective into the popular nature of ridesharing apps like Uber and understand why it has such a profitable scope in the first place.
- The app generated profits of $31.8 billion in 2022.
- Uber drivers covered almost 7.6 billion trips in 2022.
- US and Canada contribute most towards bringing about maximum profits for Uber. The valuation was around $19.4 billion in 2022.
- The ridesharing provider generated $115 billion in gross bookings in 2022.
How to Transform Your Taxi Business with Uber Clone App?
Do you want to digitize the way your taxi business operates? The ready-to-launch taxi app software; the Uber clone app is a solution that can make this achievable for you. Here you need to note that since the solution is customizable, hence, to leverage maximum advantages through it, it is important to be aware of some tips.
Integrate Best Sets of Features
Since the app is into ride-sharing, hence it is critical to use the best sets of features so that ride-hailing and booking take place smoothly.
Here are some you can particularly include:
– In Customer Side
- Social media login
- Get a choice of different cab categories
- Multiple payment methods
- Book a ride for someone else
- Split fare
– Driver App
- Receive ride requests in real-time
- Accept/reject ride request
- In-app chat/call
- Update ride status
- Earning history
– Admin Panel
- Manage customers/drivers
- Ride management
- Assign driver
- Reports and analytics
- Refund management
Research Your Customers’ Concerns
Be aware next of the concerns that your potential customers have. This is something that you can gain perspective on through surveys, email questionnaires, etc. When you know this, it will become possible for you to ideate an app design strategy that allows booking, and tracking to take place conveniently for your passengers. It will alternatively enable maximum user retention.
To accomplish this, ask yourself these questions:
- What increases user engagement in a taxi app?
- Are customers currently satisfied with the solution that they are using for booking cabs? Yes/no? If no, in what ways can I address these concerns?
- Which features attract riders and drivers to ridesharing apps?
Use Latest Technologies
It is next relevant to make use of the latest technologies. When you want to exercise your efforts in taxi app development to leverage maximum benefits for your taxi business. Also, to enable operations to take place effectively, use technologies in vogue.
- For Android app development: Use Kotlin or Java
- For iOS app development: Use Swift
- For SMS, voice, and phone verification – Twilio
- Database – MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Push notifications – Twilio, Push.io
- For payments – Stripe, Braintree, PayPal
- For analytics – Big Data, Apache, Google Analytics
Use Appropriate Revenue Generating Model
When you embark on the journey to build a taxi app that enables smooth ride-sharing and hailing, it is equally vital to work towards incorporating a pertinent revenue model. This will help you to capture maximum profits in the end.
- Commission fees wherein the driver is charged a service fee for every ride they provide which can vary from 20 to 25%.
- Cancellation fees from the rider when a passenger cancels a ride from the app and they get charged an amount for it.
- Advertising fees wherein for every click that users place on an advertisement in the app, the taxi business earns a considerable amount of money.
Add Relevant Business Model
Here are some business models you can choose from during taxi app development.
- Aggregator model wherein after the customer contacts the ridesharing provider to get access to a cab, the latter assigns it.
- Ownership model where an app allows riders to book a ride and easily cover distances or comfortably travel to their desired destination.
Uber Clone App Development Cost
During taxi app development, you should place focus on the budget. This is because you as as a startup cannot compromise on using up all your budget. Hence, it is recommended to make use of relevant features. It is equally relevant to avoid implementing a non-user-friendly design strategy. Last, the choice of country for mobile app development is also extremely critical. With these in check, the rough figure for the cost of the Uber clone app will range from $15,000 to $25,000. The cost might go up based on the features and functionalities you want to include in your application.
The Uber clone app is a readymade, ready-to-launch solution built for taxi business startup owners to digitize their operations and address prospective entrepreneurial and customer requirements. The solution via assisting in scaling the taxi business has accomplished great popularity. However, due to the presence of many such apps in the market, to recognize one of the best quality, partner with a dedicated taxi app development company having expertise in using the best business strategies during its creation. This will allow your taxi business to streamline how riders book and hail rides. It will ultimately support you in receiving maximum ROI and capturing hefty profits.